[Gllug] Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings, Linux

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Fri Dec 7 17:15:30 UTC 2001

The Maya Licenses come in two forms. The individual licenses are based on
the MAC address of some NIC in the machine. They have their own tool to pull
out the MAC address (so no confusion if there's multiple NICs in the
machine).

Assuming that the MAC addresses are the same, a licence is identical across
platforms (just a simple text file with special strings).

I don't know about the network-wide licenses, but I expect they're not too
different in their OS myopia.

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk