[Gllug] Installing Stuff?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Dec 11 16:59:08 UTC 2001

On 12/10/01, 9:58:27 PM, Mike Brodbelt <mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk> wrote
regarding Re: [Gllug] Installing Stuff?:

> RedHat really needs an apt equivalent. I'm in the (slow) process of
> heading towards Debian, mostly for the superior package and update
> managment.

That was entirely my motivation.  It was a bonus for me that I found
Debian's set-up more to my taste.  If Debian's set-up is not your cup of
tea then that's a bugger - not much point having an easily updatable
system that you hate to administer.  In that case Conectiva (apt-rpm) or
the new uprm tools for Mandrake might be worth a look.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk