[Gllug] Heavy-ish Linux Hosting.

Richard Pounder rpounder at flibble.cx
Fri Dec 7 16:11:24 UTC 2001

There is always redbus. They don't supply bandwidth but it's not hard to
get there. UK2 will also host servers at redbus using there bandwidth thus
cutting out some of the problems of finding a company to supply your
bandwidth. But thats not the only way of going about it.

Redbus on the whole seem really good. They respond quickly to reboot
requests and I think they do a tape changing service. But they may not be
right for you.

Richard.

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, roland dunn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Wonder if folks could possibly help. We've potentially got some work for a
> company wishing to build a promotional website. We reckon they'll be getting
> around 90 unique users/minute hitting the site, site running an Oracle DB,
> people registering and filling in various bits of information.
>
> So, we're looking for hosting for a setup something like:
> . Couple of webservers.
> . One Oracle DB.
> . One backup Oracle DB, mirrored ideally.
> . Some load balancing hardware in front of webservers.
> . Some firewall hardware in front of webservers.
>
> We'll want to run a version of Linux, possibly RH.
> Does anyone know a good, a really good, hosting company who are savvy re:
> Linux.
>
> We've used Rackspace in the passed and they seem pretty good, I just
> wondered whether people knew anyone else, or recommended anyone else?
>
> Cheers Roland.
>

> --

http://www.flibble.cx/ Richard Pounder

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk