[Gllug] Heavy-ish Linux Hosting.

roland dunn roland at nykris.com
Fri Dec 7 11:40:04 UTC 2001

Hi,

Wonder if folks could possibly help. We've potentially got some work for a
company wishing to build a promotional website. We reckon they'll be getting
around 90 unique users/minute hitting the site, site running an Oracle DB,
people registering and filling in various bits of information.

So, we're looking for hosting for a setup something like:
. Couple of webservers.
. One Oracle DB.
. One backup Oracle DB, mirrored ideally.
. Some load balancing hardware in front of webservers.
. Some firewall hardware in front of webservers.

We'll want to run a version of Linux, possibly RH.
Does anyone know a good, a really good, hosting company who are savvy re:
Linux.

We've used Rackspace in the passed and they seem pretty good, I just
wondered whether people knew anyone else, or recommended anyone else?

Cheers Roland.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk