[Gllug] M$ vine tasting with Chamber of Commerce

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Wed Dec 5 09:54:01 UTC 2001

On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 08:39, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Tue 04 Dec, Axel Segebrecht wrote:
>

>    I understand that government contracts are advertised regularly every
> month in an official journal, and bids must be entered according to the
> conditions set out in the adverts.
The European Journal.
When I worked in the Health Service, as I reclal any contract over
100 000 UK pounds had to be advertised in the Journal.
May be slightly higher.

There is no requirement for the
> advertisements to be placed anywhere else, so anyone wishing to submit a
> tender must normally search the official publication every month. However,
> there does not appear to be any restriction on quietly publishing an advert,
> then telling favoured bidders not to miss the journal this month. Large
> companies always go through these kinds of publications world-wide.

Yes indeed. Back when I worked for Nuclear Diagnostics, we subscribed to
the European Journal. someone in the company sat every month and
highlighted any adverts which were relevant to our company, which sells
medical imaging software. We then wrtote off for the contract
specifications, and if appropriate put in a bid. Putting together
replies for these bids is a lot of work.

If any small companies on the list aren't aware of the European Jornal,
then you really should be.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk