[Gllug] M$ vine tasting with Chamber of Commerce

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 5 08:39:17 UTC 2001

On Tue 04 Dec, Axel Segebrecht wrote:

> ... Walked into a "vine tasting" with M$ and the Chamber of Commerce
> yesterday - by accident that is! Was looking for the entrance to
> the Alias|Wavefront event which was held just next door at
> Vinopolis near London Bridge.
>
> Whatever these people are upto it's disgusting to see that a major
> corporation can just "go to bed" with a presumed "democratic"
> goverment (even if it's just sex and they don't produce a child, they
> should at least use precautions)!
>
> Is our goverment now taken over by Microsoft or
> are we still living in a democratic country?
>
> Cheers, Axel
> http://axel.gardeneden.net/

   In case my previous email went astray, I was hoping to save my local
council some money, so took some information about Unix, Linux, M$, and the
proposed visitation, to my one of my local borough councillors. He looked at
my notes, and decided to deliver them to the Prime Minister's office Monday
evening. I have not received any response, but please help to keep the ball
rolling.
   I understand that government contracts are advertised regularly every
month in an official journal, and bids must be entered according to the
conditions set out in the adverts. There is no requirement for the
advertisements to be placed anywhere else, so anyone wishing to submit a
tender must normally search the official publication every month. However,
there does not appear to be any restriction on quietly publishing an advert,
then telling favoured bidders not to miss the journal this month. Large
companies always go through these kinds of publications world-wide.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk