[Gllug] Was I hearing things?

kim at aldigital.co.uk kim at aldigital.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 13:46:10 UTC 2001

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 11:39:30AM +0000, Kieran Barry wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Chris Bell wrote:
> >    I heard a headline this morning on BBC Radio 4 News that the government
> > is complaining about M$ prices and *has threatened to go elsewhere*. Was
> > this just an isolated mention, or are cracks starting to appear?
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk_politics/newsid_1710000/1710589.stm
> Reading the article, this sounds like the stuff a while back with the
> NHS.  They're sabre rattling as part of price negociations, IMHO.

what happened to the 75 million pound deal that was under negotiation for
services for the NHS ... did Microsoft actually get this deal in?
and was this for only three years? not twenty years like the
minister thought...

> Although it does say that the Treasury is leading negociations.  Might
> our Gordon shaft Microsoft to spoil the love-in between Tony and BillG?

we can only hope...

i wonder what the "elsewhere" is and if the Unix/Network vendors
have complained about shortcuts possibly made in the tendering process.
and if there were shortcuts made in the tendering process, the deal
could never go thrugh as it could be held up in the courts
forever... well, longer than the length of the contract anyway.

yours,

kim
--
| A.L. Digital Ltd.   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755     | "Time is an     |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk