[Gllug] Linux To MS Networking

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Wed Dec 5 17:27:04 UTC 2001

Hi

Samba is the way to go it does both a file sharing and a PDC for M$
networks with Netatalk you can support Macs too.  Turn your linux box into
the DHCP server, ISC do a nice one, it will handle all clients including
any guest macs or other 'nix.  Read the documentation carefully (yeah,
yeah, yeah I know do as I say not as I do) ;-)

Take your time backing up the relatively simple config files so you can go
back to them.

It is not a hard job even I can do it. :-)

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk