[Gllug] Please Can We Stop! (was "while we're flaming anyway...")

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Mon Dec 10 15:00:01 UTC 2001

On Monday, 10 Dec 2001, James.Rocks at equant.com wrote:
>>>Please note the use of "<rant>" & </rant>" and THEY are what I took
>>>exception to!
>>Oh, come on. None of that except the stuff I did quote could possibly
>>be interpreted as directed at you.
>I disagree ... I regard the use of "<rant> & </rant> (or RANT ON/OFF or
>anything similar) as shouting or a put down

Like Humpty Dumpty, you can interpret words to mean whatever you
choose them to. However, you may find it easier to try to work out
what other people mean by them.

>>was, since you weren't aware of it - and got a massive wedgie over it.
>Oh? So you are telepathic now are you? Excellent!

No, I can read what you wrote and interpret it. It's a useful skill
which you should consider developing.

>>>Now ... can we please leave this f**kin' subject alone?
>>If you want to drop a subject, you'll have to resist the urge to
>>have the last word. As soon as you drop it, so will I...
>You may have the last words ... as long as those words say or imply "OK"!

So, actually, you were lying when you said you wanted to drop the
subject. At least I'm honest about it...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk