[Gllug] Installing Stuff?

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Tue Dec 11 17:35:53 UTC 2001

Hi Vince,

To speak heresy on this list take a look at the BSD ports system I have
just started to get into it.  It AFAIK downloads the source and do a
standard scripted make configure, make install thing all from one command.
I believe Debian do something similar with apt-get source but I think it
requires more work on the part of the admin.  I saw the Debian thing been
done one with about 80 different packages at once and it worked but I
reckon you have to work on it real hard to be that good with it.

Peace Jim

"If the Nuremberg laws were applied today, then every Post-War American
president would have to be hanged."
-- Noam Chomsky

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk