[Gllug] Ximian Connector

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Wed Dec 5 09:03:06 UTC 2001

>I still don't get it why people would buy the Connector when it's
>"easier" to setup a Linux server and clients to handle all they want
>to do?

That's because you're falling into the classic Linux advocate trap.
Just because you or I could do it, doesn't mean that the target
market for the product can.

Is it easier to buy Ximain Connector, or to decommission your
existing, perfectly functional (in the eyes of management, who seem
blind to the downtime) Exchange server, install Linux on it, and
configure it as a mail server, with limited in-house Unix expertise?
Most companies are just going to choose to shell out the 50 quid...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk