[Gllug] Ximian Connector

The Flying Hamster hamster at korenwolf.net
Tue Dec 4 20:56:44 UTC 2001

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 10:44:58AM -0000, Axel Segebrecht wrote:
> Furthermore he says that he intends to make money from it - it's
> $70 a shot (whereas the a complete distro incl. Evolution on disk
> sells for just $30). I still don't get it why people would buy
> the Connector when it's "easier" to setup a Linux server and clients
> to handle all they want to do?

At the moment there's still nothing (that I've found) which brings all
the groupware stuff together like exchange and from a business view
bringing all those together is a good thing.  Pity the M$ implentation
is such crap.

Roll on the day I can find something under linux which gives me the
leverage to ditch M$ completely from the network.

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>      http://www.korenwolf.net/
"I think Australia has all the advantages of America, without the rather

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk