[Gllug] Win&Lin accessible filesystems

Paul Brazier pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 16:30:51 UTC 2001

> Unix on PC hardware (pre-Linux) has traditionally used a single BIOS
> partition, and subdivided that up using its own partitioning scheme
> to get the required number of partitions. SCO and the BSDs do/did
> this.

Is it possible to do this with Linux? All the Linuxes I've seen (not
many admittedly) are on DOS primary/extended(logical) partions. Maybe
this is because they often co-exist with Windows.
But could a single-boot Linux machine do this in theory?

It wouldn't be too good for free-ness if Linux always required a DOS
partition to begin with.

the originator.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk