[Gllug] info

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 22:01:00 UTC 2001

On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 17:07, root wrote:
> Dear LUG person,
>
> I am working for an NGO (& NPO) called Community Technology.

<snip>

> As a Linux 'newbie' I'd love to learn more, and I believe Linux could well be
> the way forward for us, as a charitable educational establishment, and for
> all NGOs in the future, if only for the huge costs to M$ Software, let alone
> the community spirit involved with both Charitable philosophy and Linux
> philosophy.
>
> I was wondering if any one of your 'reps' would like to come down and visit
> us, to see our layout, find out more about us, and perhaps try and work on
> getting together as a Linux Education Network.

I'm not a LUG rep (if there even is such a thing...), but I'd be happy
to visit you at some stage if you's like to evaluate possible Linux use.

I also work for a charitable educational establishment, the Association
of Commonwealth Universities (http://www.acu.ac.uk), and we make heavy
use of Linux on the server, and have one desktop user at present.

HTH,

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk