[Gllug] Such a thing as a free lunch?

Jake Jellinek jj at positive-internet.com
Fri Dec 7 12:37:57 UTC 2001

Does "GLLUG" want a Linux server on our network. Any suggestions as to
who/what/how/why etc. this could be done?

We'll provide the hardware and the network connection and the location
(probably similar to the spec of one of our Eco+ servers (see
http://www.positive-internet.com/dedicated.html)

It could be built offline together somewhere perhaps (or indeed online),
even make a GLLUG distribution for it, could be cause of endless
arguments and power struggles, or could just sit there doing nothing.

Let me know what you all feel about it. It could run this list on it
using Ezmlm perhaps? Web sites for GLLUG regulars. Just another shell
account for traceroutes and pings, Who knows...

Cheers,

Jake.

P.S. I will try to meet you all in the flesh at a GLLUG meet one of
these days, I've met a handful at our ice.cream.org party. I don't talk
as much as I type (usually). Regular readers will know I have a busy
life with 3 kids, a company to run, and lots of time up all night
fiddling with Linux and computers :)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk