[Gllug] MS Exchange Alternative for Linux?

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 08:41:41 UTC 2001

Bynari insight server

http://www.bynari.com

I also read on Linux today that Caldera have released a server product
to compete with exchange, though I did not see them mention scheduling.

You might also want to have a look at SuSE mailserverIII.  It is pricy
for home use at £1,000 but looks good; there is an operational demo on
SuSE's site.  The SuSE mailserver I do not this integrates directly with
scheduling on Outlook; however it does allow you to sync with your palm
and has a scheduling service on the web front end.

Other than you can stick with any IMAP server and use shared contacts
within Outlook.  Outlook does its own calender service and allows you to
subscribe people to your calender.  It then automatically (and
invisibly) emails the subscribers of updates.  Hence removing the need
for a centralised server (sort of)

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk