[Gllug] MS Exchange Alternative for Linux?

Davies Sue sue.davies at lbbd.gov.uk
Fri Dec 14 08:50:52 UTC 2001

Hi

Yes, I asked this and got many responses.  Here are the suggestions I was
sent

Bynari Insight server:
http://www.bynari.net/groupware.html

deployed on Linux for the City of Largo, Florida:
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/010827/270304.html
Winnebago industries use Bynari on an IBM mainframe.

Lotus Domino

SuSE email server III, this includes calandering.

Exim mail server with Tutos a browser based system for all
the calander, productivity stuff and we are working here on getting LDAP
to help tie these and others service together it works pretty well. Jim

And also Cyrus IMAP server with Kerberos running.

I have all the messages in full if you want me to forward them all off list

Regards

Suzanne Davies
London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
Technical Support Officer
IS & T
Civic Centre, Wood Lane, Dagenham, Essex, RM10
Tel: 0208 227 2737
Mobile : 07968 521262

(Off to Brentwood District Council this morning to see how they are getting
on with their all linux environment)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk