[Gllug] DHCP & DNS

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu Dec 6 14:01:45 UTC 2001

>I wonder what Bill will do when server with a writ for causing death
>by negligence ?

Shrug his shoulders and say "not my problem", I would guess. Look at the
license for any commercial piece of software. You'll see a disclaimer
that prevents them from being held liable in the event of the program
failing. Most specifically mentiion that the software is not suitable
for use in critical areas (air traffic control, nuclear reactors,
hospitals etc.)

The negligence would be on the part of the hospital administrators
that decided to place lives in the hands of unreliable software.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk