[Gllug] Ahh back at last.

David Irvine co2cool at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 17:32:45 UTC 2001

--- john.hearns at framestore.co.uk wrote:
> bredroll at nereus.host4u.net wrote:
> >
> > Did everyone consider expo a success for gllug ?
>
> I thought it was a great success.
>
> Though can I say that if we do similar things in the
> future
> we should get some good demos together first?
>
> Richard and I brought along iPaqs, which were a
> great hit,
> and drew a lot of people to the stand.
> People like to see new things.
> If I'm doing this again, I'll make sure to get some
> good demos
> running on it first, and a prepared spiel on how to
> put Linux on
> them, and where to get more info.
>
> Another for instance for a demo would have been the
> cluster ideas.
> IBM upstairs had a whole rack-mount cluster running,
> ho-hum,
> PVM-POVRAY. We could have done just as good, if not
> better.

Agreed, although theirs was quite cute, i think an
array of beowulfed laptops would have been quite
impressive.  Can you run MOSIX/Beowulf on PDA's?

> Maybe what we should do for next time is call for
> volunteers,
> and have a quick 'demo-planning' meeting?

Probably a good idea.  When is next time? Expo in
Birmingham or as in next year?

And is anybody going to the one at the NEC?

> And of course NEXT TIME I will not bring a rapidly
> deflating Tux.
>
> --

=====
"Artificial Intelligence is no match for human stupitity!"

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk