[Gllug] Sun Sparc station 20

Andre Newman andre at walkabout.compulink.co.uk
Sun Jul 22 09:39:22 UTC 2001

On Sunday 22 July 2001 00:56, you wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 12:44:44AM +0100, Robert Wood wrote:
> > What sort of money am I looking for for a monitor for it? Or can I get
> > an adapter to use an old 17" monitor I have spare?

I use a regular PC monitor with a sun cable, it's plugged into an SGI Indy
but the connectors and the signals are the same (sync on green). The monitors
we have are iiyama vision master pro's which have bncs on the back for a
second channel. Provided you only plug in R, G & B cables, leave H & V
dangling SGI's work perfectly. I should have a Sun Pizza Box at home soon so
I'll give it a go, I'd be surprised if the same trick didn't work.

We also have several sun Ultra 5's which work fine with any (decent) monitor
you choose to plug in.

Andre

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk