[Gllug] Re: XNS and .NET

Dean S Wilson dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Thu Jul 12 13:25:49 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Stewart" <sms at digital-science.net>

> I had thought about using Tomcat, but the two stumbling blocks are
> that (I've heard) it's a job setting the thing up in the first
place,

You should have a look at next months Linux magazine, it has an
article on installing Tomcat with Apache in it. I won't make any
comments about its amazing quality since I'm biased ;)

I don't do much Java stuff at the mo but some of the best resources
for software that seems to do what I want when working with Java or
XML  are IBM (DeveloperWorks, http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/
and AlphaWorks http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/) and the Jakarta Project
(http://jakarta.apache.org/). Even though IBM were seriously tight
with handing out CD's at the Linux Expo.

As an aside are any GLLUG people planning to go to the YAPC Europe
conference next month?

    Dean (Amazingly behind on email.)
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand.
   ---  Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk