[Gllug] Building Intranet Kiosks

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu Jul 12 16:09:14 UTC 2001

>stop-A power-off
>Should be L1-A, really ... they changed the keytops ...

On newer hardware (Netras, for example), you can even bypass the PROM
and go straight to the lights out management system:

	#. poweroff

More importantly, you can remotely power *on* the box using a terminal
server and the LOM features. You have no idea how much I appreciate this
(our servers are currently hosted some 15 miles away from the office).
Almost every day, I praise the fact that I don't have to deal with PC
hardware when things go wrong...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk