[Gllug] ALUG MEETING INVITE

David Freeman freemadi at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 16:13:49 UTC 2001

 --- john.hearns at framestore.co.uk wrote: > David Freeman wrote:

> > All,
> >
> > The Anglian linux Users group (ALUG) would like to invite members
> of
> > the GLLUG and Lonix to our next meeting on 12/8/01. The meeting
> will be
> > held at martlesham heath near Ipswich. If you are interested in
> coming
> > along drop me an email and I can give you more info.
> >
> > Following the meet there will (I hope) be a BBQ on the green.
>
> After Linux Expo, on the way home on the Tube,
> we had a quick discussion on a GLLUG/Lonix barbecue somewhere,
> including an overnight stay or camping.

This sounds like a good idea, there are a lot of places round Ipswich
which are nice for this sort of thing.

> This sounds like a good opportunity.
> Does anyone know the Martlesham Heath area?
> Are there pubs or B+Bs to stay in, or a Youth Hostel?

I actually work at martlesham. There are a number of camp sites in and
around the area, I haven't tried any of them but I beleive thay are
resonably good and cheap. There isn't a youth hostel in
Ipswich/martlesham, the nearest being snape which is 20 ish miles away.

For those of you who are geographically challenged, martlesham is on
the A12 2 miles outside Ipswich.

Thanks

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk