[Gllug] C function strcasecmp

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Fri Jul 20 10:13:31 UTC 2001

>thus I want to use the strcasecmp() function.
>
>OK: Linux has it, BSD 4.4 has it (the manual says), but how portable is it ?
>Sun, HP, AIX I suppose are the most important.

1. Use strncasecmp() to prevent against buffer overflows
2. It's defined as manadatory in the Unix95, Unix98 and XSI standards,
   so I'd expect it to be pretty prevalent among Unix variants. I can
   vouch for its existence on Solaris, OpenBSD and DG/UX, and if my
   fscking Belkin Omniview Pro KVM switch was working, I could check
   Tru64 for you. As it isn't, I'm not going to go to the effort of
   unplugging my monitor cables (the machine isn't yet on the network).

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk