[Gllug] C function strcasecmp

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 21 09:34:36 UTC 2001

Alain Williams wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm hacking the ftp program (inserting the ability to specify timeouts, beta testers wanted).
> It would be nice if the commands to do so could be typed in upper/lower case, thus I
> want to use the strcasecmp() function.
>
> OK: Linux has it, BSD 4.4 has it (the manual says), but how portable is it ?
> Sun, HP, AIX I suppose are the most important.
>
> Anyone with easy access to appropriate boxen please look and let me know.

I also checked Siemens Reliant Unix which is pretty obscure and
horrible. It has these functions. This suggests that anything of recent
vintage will. I did, however, manage to find a Unix without them -
Amdahl UTS version 2, which is a rare and ancient IBM mainframe based
system. As I do not believe there is another of these in Europe, this
should not worry you:)

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk