[Gllug] Editors

Tom Gilbert tom at linuxbrit.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 22:33:40 UTC 2001

* David Freeman (freemadi at yahoo.co.uk) wrote:
> > That's correct, they are welcome to. I encrypt emails containing
> > password for newly setup accounts, for example - do you think I give
> > crap if anyone works that out for themselves? No, I just don't want
> > the
> > stuff so easily sniffed.
>
> Thus I can tell that you sent an email to foo at bar.com which was
> encrypted, thus I can safely assume foo has an account on your box, I
> can then speak to them for there password etc...
>
> Its scary stuff, its amazing what you can do with a bit of induction.

Uh. Are you serious? I send an encrypted email for foo at bar.com and
"They" can see he has an account on my box. Right.... So how did they
eliminate the other million possibilities for my encrypting his mail?

And that's really beside the point, a) I don't _care_ if someone knows
foo at bar.com has an account on my box, and b) if I had set him up an
account on my box, the mail would have been addressed to
foo at mydomain.com anyway, as they would get an email account too =D

(that wasn't scary at all btw :))

Tom.
--