[Gllug] Digital video

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Jul 9 13:11:36 UTC 2001

Don't, loosely speaking. :-)

1) Use modprobe, not insmod - modprobe is a wrapper for insmod that'll
do intelligent things. For instance, you should be able to just
'modprobe raw1394'.

2) If you're on a 2.4.x system, consider using devfs and devfsd - then
modules will load extremely well on the fly, better than just using
kmod. What'll happen is that devfsd will autoload modules when you even
look at a particular file in /dev - this is rather handy.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk