[Gllug] OT: Helium supplies (in a silly voice)

Murray Walker MurrayW at fool.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 13:22:41 UTC 2001

Thanks to everyone who replied.

fyi:

I tried calling BOC, and the best they could do was ~£62 + VAT + £50 deposit
(refundable), but you could only keep the bottle for 7 days without opening
an account. I didn't check, but I'm guessing this gets more expensive.

[ OT again - took me a while to navigate around their site, many broken
links to be had - including a 404 when you submit the "contact us" form and
technical support links. how annoying? winge over... ]

However, The Kite Store in Covent Garden said they do bottles for ~£22 and
£29, which you can keep for the rest of your life.  It's not the most
cost-efficient way to buy the stuff, but if you're only after small
quantities (which I am), it seems like the answer. [
http://www.coventgardenlife.com/shopping/shops/kitestore.htm ]

The local flower shop is always another option, only I don't want to have to
wander down the road with the thing, each time I need a top-up :-) Call me
vain.

Thanks again for your help, apologies to the list for going OT.
Off to play...

m.

ps. I asked for Baloon gas, not helium, in the interests of a healthy planet
:)
pps. sadly Bruce, i'm not *the* one :(

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk