[Gllug] Compiling/rpms

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 18:05:14 UTC 2001

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Bruce Richardson spake:
>                                   Stow is a really simple and elegant
> solution - I liked it so much I wrote an article about it.

Agreed; I maintain my system with its aid :)

But people have featuritisified such programs; look at opt_depot and
(most extreme of all) STORE; the latter supports multiple clashing
filenames, multiple architecture-dependent trees and all sorts of
things.

> Which reminds me, I have an editor to chase...

I'd be interested to read that article when it comes out (if it hasn't
yet).

--
`I'm not sure whether libtool is an existence proof that you _can_
 write a shell script that handles its arguments correctly, or a

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk