[Gllug] Website developement

David Freeman freemadi at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 14 20:58:14 UTC 2001

list,

I have a couple of questions.

I have recently, as part of some NVQ avoidance work, been redsigning my
web site.

http://www.alug.org.uk/freemadi/
or if the DNS is fixed
http://freemadi.alug.org.uk/  [1]

Now I have spotted lots of mistakes due to me creating it when I should
be sleeping, as each page is almost identical, each page needs the same
alterations to be made. But each page is non Identicle enough for it to
be a pain in the arse to do.

So I was wondering if anyone on the list can think of a way to create a
site with lots of pages, like this one, where the design can be changed
without changing each file by hand, whilst keeping it looking as
similiar to what it does at the moment. And whilst keeping the html on
the server static, so I could create it dynamically on my machine and
then upload it.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks

D / Bascule

PS Does anyone have a copy of the specifcation for the 19 inch rack
standard?

[1] Yes I know about the large quantities of spelling mystakes

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk