[Gllug] Website developement

David Irvine co2cool at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 14 21:46:19 UTC 2001

You could create a script that generates pages based on a file with the
defaults, and a file with the actual page data, when you want to change the
site change the defaults and run the scipt.

You could also set up a dynamic based site on your local computer using cgi,
php etc, and create an object class called mysite with properties and
methods that make your site, for example if each page is a collection of
tables a table for a header and footer and one for links you could define
them in the object and then in each page just do something like this

create new instance of my web page
set body text ="<hr>this is my body text for mysite etc etc<hr>"
write page

then you have a locally hosted dynamic site, then you could simply use wget
to suck all the site  off your local server and into a directory which you
upload.

Perl has a CGI template which might be useful for you, i'm sure there are
similar things for php and the rest.

HTH

David