[Gllug] Sun Sparc station 20

mallum breakfast at 10.am
Sun Jul 22 18:28:22 UTC 2001

I installed debian on a dual 50 mhz sparc10 I was given. The most difficult
part of the install was getting the boot and root disks to work , the floppy
drive was very flakey. Unfortunatly Linux was very slow on the box
apparently due to poor disk drivers and no-so-great SMP ( but I never
attempted to compile my own kernel - I was using a stock Debian SMP kernel ).
I ended up putting solaris back on, its still no speed demon ( my ipaq is
faster! ) but it definetly faster than Linux.

If your after a monitor and can collect, you can have my 17" sun one in
exchange for a vga adaptor ?

mallum

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk