[Gllug] Sun Sparc station 20

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Sun Jul 22 09:08:05 UTC 2001

We have a SPARC 20 at work.  It is astoundingly slow - four hours to
compile OpenSSL IIRC, maybe longer.  16Mb Pentium 75s with the F0 0F bug
are much faster than a single CPU SPARC 20.  Its just so infuriating using
such a slow machine.  The novelty of being on a non-pc wears off after
about five minutes.  I like the re-badged Sony Trinitron monitors, but,
well, at the end of the day people bin them for good reason.  If you are
lucky yours might come with a single speed cdrom too. When you see how
slow these machines are the Sun logo looses all its allure.

--
W. Palfreman.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk