[Gllug] Building Intranet Kiosks

David Freeman freemadi at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 16:20:50 UTC 2001

 --- john.hearns at framestore.co.uk wrote: > hawtink at clinkserver.com
wrote:

> > > After all we're always banging on about how useful and cheap
> > > this Linux thing is...
> >
> > here here
> >
> Hmmm... I see Kim having two personae here today :-)
>

> Well, I'll always work for pizza (sounds of me getting off arse).
> I live nearish to Lewisham, so will provide transport, some beers,
> and a bit of kit.
> Anyone else volunteering?
>
> I suppose the real problem with this sort of demo
> is that old/tired computers might not have impressive graphics
> cards - do 800x600 graphics really cut it any more?

Alot of low end graphics cards will do 1024x768, just not at 24 or 32
bit. How ever it might be good for this sort of thing to have basic
800x600. If people can wait till august I can probably lend a hand with
a couple of boxes (133's and a 200) and lots of enthusiasm. Obviously
I'm not that local But I am only an hour or so away.

THanks

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk