[Gllug] mySQL and PHP

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Tue Jul 10 12:17:04 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 01:05:35PM +0100, Jackson, Harry wrote:
> Hi
>
> 	At the moment we are getting this.

[snip big block of unformatted text]

> When it should look like this, the problem that I see here is that there is
> nothing that you can see which would distinguish new lines.
>
> 12 March 2001 13:40:32          jtaylor
> This is something for Group IT.
>

> 12 March 2001 14:02:57          cmelhuish
> Please email Cath Melhuish for a screen dump of the problem.

Well, whatever tool is writing the work log should be inserting the
new lines I guess.  Have you thought of having a separate table of
worklog, which ties a worklog entry to a caseid?  You could then
manipulate worklog entries for a specific case very easily, without
them all being in one huge field.

--
Andy Smith

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk