[Gllug] Editors

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Tue Jul 31 16:39:51 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 05:11:16PM +0100, David Freeman wrote:
> Total freedom nut, I like it.

My 2p on crypto. I'll use it if it makes my day to day stuff that's
important to me more secure without compromising my use of it.
SSH is a good example of this, it takes a little more effort but the
rewards are worth it. I don't however use GnuPGP because i don't send
passwords or anything similar out over the net. Yes when i do start using
it you can tell somethings up but if its that important I'll start
arranging clandestine meetings by moonlight.

If the police/government want to stitch you up then encrypting your files is
like pissing on a volcano. Sure it might help but i doubt it. We've had the
usual arguments of pedofiles, drug dealers, Chinese revolutionaries and
human rights people trotted out and got no where. Can we either move back
on topic or go off list? I'm going away for a week and this is only a 30GB
drive...

This whole thread over the simple issue of a diary... tsk tsk.

If i've overstepped the mark asking for this thread to go off list then one
of the list admins can slap my wrists and i'll by a pint to make up for
it[0].

	Dean
[0] One pint not the whole list!
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
   --- Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk