[Gllug] Editors

Tom Gilbert tom at linuxbrit.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 22:45:14 UTC 2001

* David Freeman (freemadi at yahoo.co.uk) wrote:
> Totally, they don't they now have to inquire as to what the other data
> emails you sent him are which you encrypted and thus youhave to give
> your keys. You may not by guilty of anything but you may be
> investigated.

So? Back when I was living in southampton, a girl was attacked down the
road for me. The police came round one night, asking everyone in my
block of flats where they were on the night and if they heard anything.
I was glad to help and did as much as I could, although I guess I was as
much a suspect as anyone else in the flats. Big deal.

> > And that's really beside the point, a) I don't _care_ if someone
> > knows
> > foo at bar.com has an account on my box, and b) if I had set him up an
> > account on my box, the mail would have been addressed to
> > foo at mydomain.com anyway, as they would get an email account too =D
>
> But the fact that foo has an account is not under issue, its the
> content of all other encrypted emails you have sent to foo, and also if
> he is guilty of child pron, maybe you are into it as well. Also you
> wouldn't send some one there password to the account the password is
> for!

I don't give accounts to paedophiles, but this argument is getting
silly. I _routinely_ send someone their password to the account it's
for, because the email of that address is always an alias for some other
account they use all the time.

"and also if he is guilty of child pron, maybe you are into it as well."

Like i say, you can't seem to make an argument without me being somehow
guilty of something, I'm not, so I have nothing to hide, so you have no
argument ;)

Tom.
--
   /V\    | Tom Gilbert, London, England | http://linuxbrit.co.uk |