[Gllug] Linux Install and RAID (ABit KT7-RAID)

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Tue Jul 24 16:18:40 UTC 2001

On Tuesday, July 24, 2001, at 09:45 AM, home at alexhudson.com wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 11:33:55AM +0100, mallum wrote:
>>> KT7-RAID doesn't do hardware raid IIRC - it's an IDE board, surely?
>>> (BTW
>>
>> no it does; see http://www.abit-usa.com/eng/product/mb/kt7-raid.htm
>
> I don't see anything on that page which makes me think it's hardware
> raid,
> I'm afraid. The fact that they have large OS drivers also makes me think
> it's not. That said, HighPoint even have NetBSD drivers, so they're
> pretty
> cool to Free OSes I s'pose.

I am no expert but I have been looking at Abit KT7A-Raid boards for
cheap storage sol;utions at work and from what I can tell they are
hardware Raid the chipset is an HPT370 or some such name I don't have
the info to hand sorry.  From what I can tell the chips are at least
partially supported by Linux and the BSD team freeBSD gives some support
but not open BSD (you figure it?) the info on IDE Raid seems pretty
sketchy to me is this Geek SCSI snobbery?

<snip>

Cheers Jim