[Gllug] OT: Hard drive failure

David Irvine co2cool at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 22:59:19 UTC 2001

Depending on solar alignment this may or may not work, but you may wish to
tell the bios that it is there, by manually setting the cylinders/heads etc.
then booting up using a bbc or bootdisk or what have you, and see how you
get on, it sounds like its a mechanical failure and it is unlikely this will
work, but just in case, i've had hard disks which have crashed on me and not
been bios detected and with some perseverance you can extract at least some
of the data. Not that you will need to since the world is about to end this
evening when all of the underworld break out from cisco routers and little
crud puppies crawl out of everynt server in the land destined like lemmings
to flood whitehouse.gov with all sorts of wierd stuff.

Ahh nothing like a bit of chaos.

David

"Putting the foo back into foobar."