: [Gllug] content

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at online.no
Mon Jul 30 18:20:03 UTC 2001

* Simon Bunker <sibunks at hotmail.com> spake thus:
> Why is it that most Linux screen shots on the net have 3 million windows on
> them? (OK slight exageration ;o) when most of the GUI's give extra virtual
> desktops. Is it just that no one uses them or that all of them look like
> that! Does anyone else use these much? I don't see it as much of an
> advantage, unless you have two monitors with one on each. Or I might put
> some downloads on another to hide it - I have never had to use all 4 (or 8)
> though.

I normally have 4 virtual workspaces, but blackbox && bbkeys let me add
another at the touch of a (ok, technically two) button(s).

I have usually had one window for irc when I am online, one for netscape
(to be replaced by galeon/skipstone when I get time), one for emacs/gnus
(to be replaced by slrn and mutt), one for xmms/gkrellm + etc. When I
need to do some editing where it is convenient to have more workspaces
up, I simply create another, and delete it afterwards.

Stig

--
www.brautaset.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk