[Gllug] ALUG MEETING INVITE

john.hearns at framestore.co.uk john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 10:45:04 UTC 2001

SteveC wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 john.hearns at framestore.co.uk wrote:
> > After Linux Expo, on the way home on the Tube,
> > we had a quick discussion on a GLLUG/Lonix barbecue somewhere,
> > including an overnight stay or camping.
>
> I've seen people BBQ in regents park...
Eeeeeooowww! How awful. Did no one call the police?
I thought this was highly illegal, not to mention gross.

Ah - sorry. You mean people BBQing,  not people BBQed

I got this reply from David:
We should be having a demo of security weaknesses including a buffer
overflow. We will also hopefully have some people bring boxes along for
fixes and generally having linux type conversations with some lively
debate, then we will retire to the village green for a BBQ and a few
beers before bed.

I vote that we go along for a nice summer's outing.
Some beers on the village green sounds good to me.
I'll take the car, and maybe stay at a local pub or hotel.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk