[Gllug] Editors

Chris Ball chris at cpan.org
Sun Jul 29 22:44:38 UTC 2001

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 11:16:16PM +0100, David Freeman wrote:
> I banged on the keyboard for a few seconds and selected 8 characters
> from the stream!

This reminds me of the appendix to Cryptonomicon, describing the
Solitaire algorithm and explaining that if you are 'caught' while your
deck is keyed, calmly shuffle it rather than throw it in the air,
because the keyspace is greatly reduced by all sorts of inductions you
can make from a deck of cards on the floor and the knowledge of where it
was thrown from etc. The deck is practically rebuildable, apparantly.

I'm sure the keyspace is reduced from knowing that a keyboard was banged
on. It's amazingly non-random.

~C.

--
Chris Ball.