[Gllug] Website developement

Simon Stewart sms at digital-science.net
Mon Jul 16 11:53:58 UTC 2001

On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 11:57:16AM +0100, David Freeman wrote:
>  --- John Hearns <john.hearns at framestore.co.uk> wrote: >
> >
> > For small projects, if anyone has dynamic pages,
> > HTML::Template
> > This makes it dead easy.
> > Just create a template file, and fill in the entries with a Perl
> > script.
>
> ARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!
> PERL!!! NO!
>
> Why is it everyone thinks perl is so great? its a write only language!
> Horibble! Give me C or Java or LISP any day!

And, lo, on the plains of GLLUG, the flagellates of the PerlMonks
huddled around their banners, planning war on the heathens who quoth
that Perl was write only. "Rubbish" they muttered, knowing in their
hearts that it's easy to write messy, badly designed code in Perl.

Personally, I love Perl, but unless you sit down and plan what it is
you are trying to do, it gives you more than enough rope to hang
yourself from the moon. This, of course is true in any language.
Consider, if you will, emails ]:)

Cheers,

Simon

--
"Behold the warranty ... the bold print giveth and the fine
print taketh away." - fortune file

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk