[Gllug] Visual Basic Help

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Thu Jul 5 18:02:01 UTC 2001

On 5 Jul 2001, Dave Cridland wrote:
> I suppose the usual answer of "because you can" probably doesn't apply
> under such circumstances. I'm a little at a loss as to why the GNOME
> project has decided to write its own version as a standard extension
> language.

Um. Compatibility with Office would be reason enough. If "we" are ever to
attract actual normal desktop users then all this boring word/excel, font
anti-aliasing, cute desktopy stuff has to be in place.

In almost any office I have been in there has been VB at the back of some
database or finance spreadsheet or whatever...

Even my mums Excel stuff has macros...

I can't really say "come to linux, you'll have grainy fonts, no macros,
difficult printing...."

:-)

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com fractalus.com/steve stevecoast at hushmail.com