[Gllug] two heads better than one?

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Mon Jul 16 09:30:49 UTC 2001

>2)I currently have a 8mb mystique which I am happy with for normal X
>windows stuff. The question I have is: if I leave that in a PCI slot
>and drop the Geforce in the AGP slot, can I then run duel head on the
>same box? so That I get a nice big work space? also can I run different
>resolutions on different screens, or X on one, and Quake 2 on the
>other?

If you're looking to go dual headed, don't mess around -- just buy a
Matrox G450 instead of the GeForce. Unless you're planning on running
at 1600x1200x32bpp, I doubt you'll notice the speed advantage of the
GeForce anyway. The G450 is a pretty fast card in its own right (and
also gives the crispest 2D image I've seen of *any* graphics card).

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk