[Gllug] two heads better than one?

David Freeman freemadi at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 15 13:03:55 UTC 2001

I am about to by a new graphics card so I can play quake 2 and 3 on my
linux box.

I am looking at the Geforce 2 mx with either 32 or 64mb of ram. But I
have a couple of questions.

1)On a athlon 700 will the extra 32MB of ram on the 64MB board make a
lot of difference, is it worth getting to prolong the life a little?

2)I currently have a 8mb mystique which I am happy with for normal X
windows stuff. The question I have is: if I leave that in a PCI slot
and drop the Geforce in the AGP slot, can I then run duel head on the
same box? so That I get a nice big work space? also can I run different
resolutions on different screens, or X on one, and Quake 2 on the
other?

Thanks

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk