[Gllug] Editors

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Sun Jul 29 20:11:04 UTC 2001

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, Tom Gilbert wrote:

> Please do, go ahead - here is the key to my encrypted partition on which
> you will find a few letters to my girlfriend, a picture of britney I
> don't want her seeing, and absolutely no child pron whatsoever, have a
> nice day :)

Its amazing how much kiddie porn you can load onto someone's encrypted
partition once you have their private key.  cp is just so powerful.  Maybe
then fiddle dates, edit the logs, who knows?  Its lucky the police in
this country never fit people up. I imagine people even accused of such a
thing have a pretty hard time on remand, or even later in the sexual
offenders institution.

It would take minutes on Usenet to get enough evidence to lock someone up
for years.  Its effectively a death sentence, as people accused of that
kind of thing are a target in prison, and are likely to come out of it
with AIDS.

I've never understood how something as riggable as magnetic media can be
accepted as evidence in law.  Its just so obviously bogus.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk