[Gllug] Editors

David Freeman freemadi at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 22:45:34 UTC 2001

 --- Tom Gilbert <tom at linuxbrit.co.uk> wrote: > * David Freeman
(freemadi at yahoo.co.uk) wrote:
> > I think its upto you as a good parent to look after your step
> daughter
> > and make sure she doesn't get in the situation where such a photo
> can
> > occur.
> >
> > I wish people would look at the cause and not the symptoms. An
> ounce of
> > prevention etc....
> >
> > Why are we infringing on the rights of the many as the few can't
> parent
> > properly and make sure that there kids don't get in the situation
> where
> >  they can be taken advantage of.
> >
> > I am on no way saying you are a bad parent here, I have never met
> you.
>
> Fine by me - it was a totally hypothetical daughter to start with :)

OK, as long as I don't affend anyone.

> I'm not saying ignore prevention, I'm saying you still have to catch
> and
> punish criminals. Just because my friend didn't have a very strong
> lock
> on his door, doesn't mean I don't want to see the guy who kicked it
> in
> get arrested (not hypothetical btw).

Sorry but it is bad upbringing on behalf of the criminals parents which
meant that they do not know what is right and what is wrong, it is also
societies problem that we have people who feel they need to steel as we
don't provide them with what they need crime free.

<snip>

> > > They aren't going to know you have encrypted data unless they
> have
> > > already got a warrant to search your premises, in which case they
> > > already have a body of proof against you.
> >
> > You sent an encrypted email to fred at spam.com who has been arrested
> for
> > child pron. We are now investigating you to see if you have any.
>
> Please do, go ahead - here is the key to my encrypted partition on
> which
> you will find a few letters to my girlfriend, a picture of britney I
> don't want her seeing, and absolutely no child pron whatsoever, have
> nice day :)

Would you take objection to me asking for a copy of the output of ls
-al on directory /home/gilbertt/public_html/uberprOn/ ? [1]

Thanks

[1] I think I have the case correct here?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk