[Gllug] Care and feeding of newbies at LUG meetings

Simon Stewart sms at digital-science.net
Fri Jul 27 10:52:43 UTC 2001

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 06:52:23PM +0100, Jon Masters wrote:

> Maybe there should be a special lug.org.uk list for people attending
> their first meetings to talk to others about it? :)

I can see a potential catch 22 there:

"What's happening tonight?"
"Didn't you read the lug.org.uk mailing list before you came?"
"The what?"
"You can learn about it on the lug website"
"The where?"
"Well how did you get here in the first place?"
"Followed a friend, who mentioned alcohol and freebies to me"

Cheers,

Simon

--
"I've gone through over-stressed to physical exhaustion... what's next?"
"Tuesday" --- Simon Burr & Kyle Hearn

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk