[Gllug] Care and feeding of newbies at LUG meetings

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Thu Jul 26 23:34:26 UTC 2001

Well I always do this, but how long do you talk to them for? I usually try
and introduce them to some people, but it doesn't quite work since the
other people are normally engaged in conversation and aren't interested in
making new friends etc. One thing that does work is getting newbies to talk
to each other :)

Tushar

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 06:52:23PM +0100, Jon Masters wrote:
> john.hearns at framestore.co.uk wrote:
>
> > I think we should all take note.
>
> I've engaged in conversations about this for various other LUGs however
> nothing really seems to have come of it - I suppose mostly because it
> must be done tactfully. New members may not want to be the center of
> attention at their first meeting, etc. like I say, tactfully.
>
> Maybe there should be a special lug.org.uk list for people attending
> their first meetings to talk to others about it? :)
>
> --jcm
>
> --

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Monarch House, Victoria Road, London W3 6UR         |
|  Tel: (020) 8992 7008     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk